- 100 grs. A Pementeira Peppers
- 50 grs. corn
- 50 grs. York ham slices or turkey breast slices
- 100 grs. rice
- 1 chicken breast
- Half onion
- 1 Big tomato
- 2 garlic clovers
- Olive oil
- Sweet pepper powder
1) Put the olive oil in a saucepan, heat and add the chopped onion and garlic. When the onion is Brown add the tomato and half spoon of sweet pepper.
2) Add the chicken breast chopped in small pieces and brown.
3) Mash the other garlic clove, parsley and saffron in a mortar with a spoon of olive oil in which we fried the Herbón peppers before.
4) Add the rice to the saucepan; add salt and a chicken broth, doubling the rice quantity. Stir and cook for 15 minutes until broth is reduced.
5) Remove and leave to stand. Broth must be totally reduced.
6) Add fried peppers, corn and York ham in cubes. Mix and season with the mortar sauce.
The secret is that the rice must be dry. You can use Basmati or long-grained rice, more aromatic, and to obtain a more exotic version you can mix different rice types including black rice. In this case you have to be careful with the cooking times. It also gives a different touch when using to lunch rice for dinner.
BACK TO RECIPES
Scroll To Top